Selected excerpts will be assigned in advance of discussions.
Some books can be found on our class drive.
- Power and Influence by John Kotter
- Relational Aesthetics by Nicolas Bourriaud
- Postproduction by Nicolas Bourriaud
- Artificial Hells by Claire Bishop
- The Art of Not Making by Michael Petry
- The One and the Many by Grant H. Kester
- The Emancipated Spectator by Jacques Ranciere
- Bastard Culture! by Mirko Tobias Schäfer
- Draw It with Your Eyes Closed by Paper Monument
- The Wisdom of Crowds by James Surowiecki
- The Work of Art in the Age of Mediated Participation: Crowdsourced Art and Collective Creativity by Iona Literat (USC)
- The Role of Deliberate Practice in the Acquisition of Expert Performance by K. Anders Ericsson (Psychological Review)
- When Multiple Creators Are Worse Than One by Rosanna K. Smith and George E. Newman (Yale)
- Want Collaboration?: Accept—and Actively Manage—Conflict by Jeff Weiss and Jonathan Hughes (HBR)